Hope everyone has a fun New Year's eve and a wonderful 2009. 2008 has certainly been a year like no other!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth! Via major abdominal surgery! Two-in-one...whaddya know?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember making any last year. This year, I am hoping to settle into myself a little more and figure out the fine balance of motherhood and work.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
That would be me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None. We were doing good to get out of the house to go to the grocery store and work!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Emotional stability would be nice! (Fie on you, pregnancy and post-partum hormones!) No, seriously, I'd love a little more time to myself. That is something that was very lacking this year. (see previous note about emotional stability...)
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 5: Dean's birthday!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving the first year of parenthood AND buying our first home!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining more weight before I'd lost all the baby weight. Oy vey.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Pre-eclampsia, diagnosed with PKD, and an evil case of whiplash in July.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband's. He is such a wonderful father and has taken excellent care of Dean and me this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There was some funky stuff going on at work this summer, which made for rough times. I won't go into specifics.
14. Where did most of your money go?
GAS and baby formula/food
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Alabama
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"You Are My Sunshine." It's one of Dean's bedtime songs.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:?
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier; SOOOOOO much thinner, about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Said goodbye in person to more friends in NYC
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Visited both families
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, with my son.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, there's no time for any of that.
24. What was the best book you read?
Haaaaaaaaaa...does "What to Expect" count?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A classic Sesame Street video of Grover singing with Madeline Kahn. Dean LOVES it and it always calms him.
26. What did you want and get?
A baby, a house, a new job for my husband
27. What did you want and not get?
My size 6 body back ;) (Not happenin' kids!)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
HAAAA! You don't even want to know the last time I went to a movie! We keep saying we're going to go, but we never do.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31. Kitty watched Dean so Marcus and I could go out to dinner.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
"Today I"m going to stop wearing maternity clothes. Ok, maybe tomorrow." Then the Overhaul of October where I bought a whole new wardrobe.
32. What kept you sane?
Marcus, my family, my blog and my "Blog friends"
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Drew Sarich. sigh
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My New York friends.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Dean! I've also really enjoyed getting to know my Aunt Maxine and cousin Heather better since we moved closer to them.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Priorities become very obvious when you have a child. The little things tend to fall out of the picture so that big things, like playing with baby, feeding baby, staring at baby while he sleeps, can move to the front of the line. That said, you still have to make time for yourself every once in a while or you will go insane. A shower should be a daily occurrance, not a luxury.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And if I had the chance I'd never let you go
Oh, since the day I saw you
I have been waiting for you
You know I will adore you til eternity
So won't you please (be my, be my) be my little baby
Happy New Year, everyone!