Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mission statement

My class is working on writing mission statements for the mock theatre companies they are creating for their semester-long projects. As we talked today, I couldn't help thinking what a good idea it would be for some people to write mission statements for themselves. So let's try it, shall we?

First of all, you should know that in an organization, a mission statement is just that: A statement of your mission. Your "reason for being." Who you are, what you do, who you want to see it, what outcome you would like to see.

Jen strives to be successful at motherhood, marriage and her career. She strives to please others through providing organization, love, leadership, understanding and baked goods. As time passes, she hopes to touch lives and inspire others to find their personal best while finding fulfillment in her family, her faith, and her work and continually challenging herself.

Aside from the kind of awkward run-on sentence at the end, that's not too bad! I tried to work in a sentence about coffee, but it just didn't fit.

What's your mission statement?

7 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

That is a GREAT mission statement. I need to ponder mine.

I am sure there will be something about enriching the lives of others with my awesomeness...you know, or something like that, I haven't really thought about it much.

Anonymous said...

I love your mission statement, Sweetie. You do all of that and more now. I'll think about mine and write it later. Thanks for putting my brain to work!

Love,
J

Anonymous said...

OK, I think I'm ready now.

My mission statement is to let my loved ones know how much I do love them and how much they mean to me. I will strive to be a good listener, prayer warrior, and friend to all those God sends my way. I will glorify Jesus Christ in every aspect of my life because He has given me this life with which to do just that. I will teach my grandson everything I can to help him in life to be the person God wants him to be. I will not complain because I've been so very blessed.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign it. The last one is from me:

J

Heather said...

Oooh, good one!!
I'm not sure what mine would be... I'll have to think on it awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! I love your mission statement. I don't know if I could pull my thoughts together long enough to figure out mine.
Also your Mom's is great. Jenny, you remind me so very much of your father, I think he'd be so very proud of you and how you have handled all that you've been through
Auntie M

Anonymous said...

Thanks, M. That's the greatest compliment you could pay me. He's always been my inspiration.

I love you,
Jenny