Sunday, September 28, 2008

The week in review

It's been a pretty fun week in the Marjen household, what with Dean dazzling us with new skills daily and such. He's been clapping for a while, but this week, he learned to applaud. Which he does ALL THE TIME. He also learned to stick his tongue all the way out and make noises with it. And he FINALLY crawled forward a bit! He's been going backwards, which is pretty adorable. He loooks like a little crab. Possibly the funniest new skill is his ability to blow "zerberts" on my arm. Or my cheek. He only does it to me.

I've seen a lot about those mesh feeders you can get for babies and we've had one sitting in a drawer for a while, but I was pretty grossed out by the idea of it, so I never used it. Then Eva over at Surprised Suburban Wife blogged about the mesh feeder helping her daughter on a bad teething day, so I broke ours out. WOW. Dean has been enjoying slices of frozen peaches over the past several day. He LOVES that thing! Marcus does not love it so much, as Dean kept smacking it on his hand last night, covering him in chewed-up peach pulp. Haha, don't you wish he'd just zerbert YOUR arm? I don't want to hear it. (See yesterday's post about baby vomit ON ME.)

I got some great news on Friday: Next semester, I'll be joining the Theatre Dept. at Montevallo as an Adjunct Professor, teaching Theatre Management and Stage Management! I'm so excited to get back into the classroom and can't wait to get started. I've already been re-working my syllabus from the last time I taught theatre management and I'm working on a semester-long project for my students.

So, I gave Dean a popsicle the other day. I know he didn't need the high-fructose corn syrup, but I was having one for my sore throat and thought he might enjoy one, too. Truth be told, he maybe took 3 licks. He mostly played with it. It was still pretty precious.















Dean has also learned the fine art of getting more food ON him than IN him.



















Good times there! Shout out to my mom for the awesome baby feeding smock. It cleams up easily and keeps his bibs from getting stained.

I'm officially hacked off at the WalMart. We found the perfect Halloween costume for Dean the other day (guess what it was!?!?), but the smallest one they had was a 2T, which would swallow him. I went to the OTHER WalMart today, but they didn't have a single one. Oh, what to do? What are your kids going to be for Halloween?

Everyone have a great week!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Congrats on the job!
And PS...the picture of Dean covered in food is ADORABLE! He pulls off the messy look very well.

AJU5's Mom said...

Congrats on the job. I love teaching, but I in the virtual classroom until the little one (and any siblings) are older.

Spray-n-wash and oxiclean is got out most of the stains in AJU5's bibs (and clothes) - in case the smock ins't handy or somehow he gets stuff on his clothes...

Anonymous said...

I want a zerbert!

Grammy

Surprised Suburban Wife said...

My kid's going as a Teething Baby. Bonus points if she screams bloody murder for others the way she usually does only for me. She's totally jealous of the clapping. Or maybe that's just her type A competitive mom. Who isn't even a prof! Yikes!

Oh and thanks for the link! we're still HUGE fans of the mesh feeder. just don't put frozen blueberries in it, then give it to Dean in the carseat. just a suggestion, not that ANYONE would be stupid enough to do that, right?