Saturday, September 27, 2008

My morning thus far

It is 8:42 am. I woke up around 7:45 (wow, we slept late) to the sweet sounds of Dean cooing in his room, then the knocking of his binky as he banged it against the headboard. I went in, lifted him up, got a great hug, then changed his diaper, which involved BIG POOP. This is the second time this week he's woken up with poopy pants. I'm hoping he does it after he wakes up and that he's not sleeping with it for hours. Anyway, enough about poop. We went downstairs, made coffee and started breakfast. I'd bought a jar of "stage 3" oatmeal w/pears. The jar is really big, but his appetite is increasing, so I figured he could handle it. Well, he LOVED it. He ate the entire jar. About halfway through feeding him, Marcus came down and started making our breakfast. Rewind for a moment to last night when I went to make Dean a bedtime bottle and, out of the corner of my eye, saw a lizard run across our kitchen. I squealed, but Marcus assured me this was a good thing...they eat bugs. Ok. The lizard may stay, but it had better not touch me. Back to breakfast today. Dean and I are singing and making faces at each other between bites, when all of a sudden I see the lizard out of the orner of my eye again, except it's tail's awfully skinny to be a lizard and that is fur and OH MY GAWD THAT IS A MOUSE! Marcus had to jump over the thing as it disappeared into a hole under our cabinet. (Nice.) So we added mousetraps to our shopping list. (Just what I want to deal with.) Dean finished his breakfast and I clapped for him, telling him what a big boy he was for finishing that WHOLE JAR of oatmeal! I picked him up, started telling him about our plans to go downstairs and play, when all of a sudden I heard it. And felt it. Baby vomit. SPLAT on my floor. BLECH on my sleeve, pants leg and ARM. All I could do was scream for help and wait for Marcus to come and take him so I could get cleaned up. Fortunately, I didn't vomit. I thought about it though.

How's YOUR morning going!?!?


SSU said...

So I meant to comment yesterday, but well, the day got away from me between remodeling work and the usual.

I slept in until 8:45 - well, stayed in bed until then. Husband had AJU5, but didn't think to feed her or change her diaper (although she wasn't upset yet). I got out of bed when I heard her cry because husband didn't realize she was so close to the keyboard try when he pulled it out (and she got a tiny nick on her forehead). Then the day took on a normal appearance...

Sorry your morning was so bad!

Heather said...

Awww poor Jen. Sounds rough! While not nearly as eventful, it's been a rough start to the week here too. It started last night when Toby decided my cell phone tasted good enough to he did. So now half my buttons don't work and I have to go get a new phone. Then he moved on to the flip-flops I had JUST bought and a DVD case. Then this morning I fell down the stairs in my carport and peeled some skin off my knees.
I kind of just want to go back to bed.