Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Miles of Milestones

Yesterday was a big day in the Lane home. Dean FINALLY learned to clap his hands! He's been doing the "muted clap" for a while, where he almost brings them together, but stops just short of them meeting. But yesterday, he got it. Boy, did he get it! He's excited to be able to join in on his own when we sing "If You're Happy And You Know It." He also surprised the heck out of Marcus and me by standing up on his own last night! We'd been playing on the floor (Translation: rolling around trying to wear the baby out before bed time) when suddenly he grabbed the side of his exersaucer and pulled himself to standing. Then he looked over his shoulder and smiled at us like "Betcha didn't know I could do THAT!" I seriously think he may be one of those babies who just walks instead of crawling. He still scoots, but no real progress on the crawling. He rolls to get to where he needs to be.

In other news, I've been walking with my aunt. We're headed that way soon. It makes me feel good and having a walking buddy give me the motivation to get up and go. The social contact's nice, too.

Yesterday, Marcus and I killed the biggest spider I've ever seen. So big, in fact, that it deserves its own post with pictures, pictures which the camera is currently holding hostage. Tune in later for said post. You won't believe the size of this thing.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for Dean! I bet he decided to step up his game so he could impress everyone this weekend! :)
Oh, and I bet your big spider was the cousin of the HUGE ugly creepy thing I killed at my house last week. I successfully drowned it in bug spray.
Can't wait to see y'all Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Tell him not to walk till I get there Sunday!

meredith said...

I can't wait to see all the trick Dean has up his sleeve! And the spider you are referring to had to be the cousin of the GIANT spider that lived on our back porch above our grill until Dave "set it free" in a bush. It caught a baby frog in its web. GROSSS!

Meredith