Thursday, August 28, 2008

How come...

Dean is fussy all night long, then this morning, after I've had 2 cups of coffee, he sleeps like an angel? When I can't nap? Because of the 2 cups of coffee!!!!!! Oh, well. I got a lot of work done around the house...

I've gone room by room and scribbled down ideas about color and what we need to fill and organize each space. This is gonna be fun! I think we have to get a hutch for the kitchen, just to store dishes or odds and ends. I miss my baker's rack, but there was no way it was moving from NYC. We are going to do the kitchen and dining room in red. I'm pretty jazzed about it. It'll look nice year-round and be especially fun to accessorize at CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Oh, I can't wait for Christmas. I'm going to hang a million lights on the house and maybe get one of those inflatable snow-globes for the front yard. (yes, I'm that person. And I shake presents.) When I told Marcus of these plans, he reminded me that Dean will still be too young to care. I reminded him that I wasn't really doing it for Dean. haha

Our neighborhood is really quiet. I like that there is a police officer who lives across the street and that people walk their dogs. I do wish there was a sidewalk, but the through traffic is so sparse that we should be able to stroll down the road without fear of dying. I imagine Dean and I will go up to the university and take walks once we settle in a bit. There's also an amazing-looking YMCA a couple of miles down the road that I plan to check out. Maybe they have a class that Dean and I can take together.

By the way, I totally could have taken a shower while Mr. Nappy McSleepy-Pants snoozed. Oh, well. I needed to check my email. ;P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, you shouldn't have to worry about the lack of sidewalk. I walked all the time when I lived at home and NEVER once died. :) Oh the joys of a small town.