Monday, August 18, 2008

Bring on the grass stains!

I, my friends, am the new owner of a Whirlpool Stackable Front-Loading Energy Efficient washer and dryer!!!!!!!!!!!! My darling husband, who said we could neeeeeeeever afford these units, went out and bought them yesterday and they were delivered to our new home this morning. WOO HOO! Between those two babies and the brand-spankin' new dishwasher, stove, microwave and fridge, I will be in domestic bliss for weeks to come.

Marcus made it to Montevallo safely on Saturday. He starts work today with a faculty meeting, then goes through 3 days of new-faculty orientation. Dean and I are (obviously) sitting out the company white-water rafting trip today, but will be meeting up with the company tonight at Pies and Pints for some tasty pizza.

Dean is REALLY into the Olympics. He seems to favor the Chinese team. We're pretty sure it's because they wear red uniforms. I dressed him in his 4th of July outfit today hoping to inspire a little patriotism for the good ol' USA. He's had a big week--he's learned to sit up (from lying down) all on his own, has learned to wave (at himself--it's kinda adorable), and has started giving fabulously wet open-mouthed kisses. He also learned to take off his diaper. I could do without that one. We're looking forward to our last week in WV and finally getting home next Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're almost in Alabama!!! Tell Marcus I will be visiting to try his home-made tacos that you rave about. He better not disappoint! Haha.. anyway, hope to see you all soon.
P.S. Congrats on the new washer/dryer.. glad to know someone else gets excited about stuff like that.

Derek T. Pickens said...

So I finally bookmarked your blog. I mean, I need some way to keep up with the life of the Lane's!

If you haven't found your way to mine, it's http://derektpickens.blogspot.com

There should be some Phamer-esque video blogs up there soon!