Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Shake it up, baby

So, I experienced my first earthquake today! Its epicenter was in Northern Virginia, not far from where Marcus's parents live. Dean and I were here in their house, I was reading my blogs, he was enjoying a THREE HOUR NAP (it's hard to be a baby, ok?) when I suddenly felt a little BOOM! I honestly thought the moving truck that had been parked across the street had backed up into the garage. I glanced out the window and all was as it should be, then checked the pantry to see if something had fallen and quickly forgot about the boom. Dean never moved. Then the 5 o'clock news tells me it was an earthquake measuring 1.8 on the Richter Scale! Hm. Who knew? Never a dull minute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oOoOo! heehee Hong Kong randomly had an earthquake (like 4-ish on the Richter scale, I think) last year, so weird. We never get earthquakes! i was in the San Fran one in the 80's tho - that was pretty scary!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sounds like you had an interesting day! Well, aside from the random BOOM, I hope things are going well for you and Dean. Greetings from KCC!

Art Nerd said...

How weird! I remember once when I was growing up having a small-ish earthquake here in philadelphia. So random! Things sound good, otherwise, though!