Sunday, May 4, 2008

Here goes nothin'


The relocation has started. Dean and I are nestled comfortably in DC at Marcus's parents' house where we'll spend this week on our way to WV. Marcus left this morning to go back to NYC to open his show. (We miss him A LOT.) I feel like I'm in limbo. Living out of a suitcase isn't my favorite thing to do, but it'll be ok for a week. It's weird to be between homes. My main concern right now is Dean's comfort. He's just started sleeping through the night (more or less) and I'd hate to screw that up by changing his environment every week. Fortunately, he seems comfortable here at his grandparents' place and is eating like a champ. Either he's growing or preparing for a career as a competitive eater. Marcus and I said a surprisingly tearful goodbye this morning. We'll see each other again in early June when we meet in Alabama to close on our house. Then he'll come to WV to join us for the summer. He has so much to do to finish out the school year in NYC that the time should fly by for him. (2, count 'em 2 shows to open in 3 weeks!) It's never been fun to be separated from him, but now that we're a family of 3, it's really tough. But soon we'll all be together in WV, then in our new home!

Speaking of our new home, I just realized I haven't posted an update. Remember that cute yellow house we were gonna get? (Go ahead...scroll down to a few posts ago and refresh your memory. Ready? Ok.) It fell through. We were able to have our inspection done while we were still in AL last week and we found quite a few things that needed a lot of attention (furnace, HVAC, etc.--all big ticket items). Long story short, it wasn't worth it. So, on to #2 we have moved! Truth be told, we're starting to like this house better anyway. It's not as big (3 beds 2 baths, formal living room, huge den, eat in kitchen, DECK!), but it's move-in ready and everything from the appliances to the paint to the carpet is brand spankin' new! The same inspector will check it out on Tuesday and assuming all goes well, we'll close on June 2. I have officially made us superstitious now, so I will wait to post a picture of it until we have the keys in our hot little hands. (You understand, right? Besides the suspense will make sure you come back!)

In the meantime, I've got a rep season to get ready for! On Saturday, my dear in-laws will drive Deano and me to WV and we'll get set up in our house there. I start pre-production week on Monday, then rehearsals start the next week. I'm looking forward to going back to work, though I'm sure it's going to be a crazy adjustment after being home for so long. My mom and her new kidney are coming for 3 weeks until Marcus gets there to take care of Dean while I work. (Oooooooooh, thank you thank you Bradley for giving my mom her life back so she can come and take care of her grandbaby...and her daughter!) I am hopeful there will be round steak and gravy and possibly a chicken rotel casserole at some point during her stay. (hint, hint, Mom:) )

2 comments:

meredith said...

I LOVE your mom's chicken rotel!!! It's delicious!

E. Rivera said...

That's the cutest picture of father and son!