Saturday, February 23, 2008

Whaaaaaaaa?


Dean Nelson Lane slept through a feeding last night. It's true. We fed him (after a HUGE screaming fit) at 12:30 and finally got him settled into the vibra-chair (he has rejected his bassinet this week...who knows why) about 1:15, knowing we'd be up for another feeding by 3. The whimper cry woke us up at 5. I picked him up and started changing his diaper when it hit me--we should have done this already! I went back to the bedroom and asked Marcus "Did you feed him at 3? Because I didn't." Marcus, still half-asleep, thought about it for a while and replied "No, I don't believe I did." We are hoping this means he's going to start sleeping for longer stretches. That would rock. Needless to say, the poor little guy was ravenous when we did feed him at 5. Poor baby.

I had my six-week checkup at the baby doctor yesterday, even though it's been 7 weeks since I had the baby. I'm good.

This week will mark me kind of "going back to work" as I am knee-deep in resumes for Theatre West Virginia. We're looking for a scenic designer for our musical and I'm starting to interview possible candidates for assistant stage manager positions. It's nice to get that ball rolling. I feel like I haven't really been a part of the real world for the past couple of months, so it's nice to re-connect with some adults again! And it makes us look even more forward to the summer. Marcus and I will go to the Southeastern Theatre Conference in a couple of weeks to help hire TWV's summer staff and cast. Dean will be living it up in Oxford with my mom and dad. (translation: Getting spoiled beyond belief by Grammy and Papa!)

On another note, Marcus and I are absolutely addicted to HGTV. We watch it ALL THE TIME! When we finally have a home of our own, it's going to have awesome curb appeal, a sassy kitchen and a very "zen" bathroom.

No comments: