Sunday, February 17, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!


That is what I felt like when I woke up this morning after 10HOURS of sleep! Marcus's mom and dad came into town yesterday and took baby Dean to their hotel to spend the night. Now I must admit to having some mixed feelings. I felt a little guilty about feeling so ok about handing my child off to someone else. This is when my dear, wise husband reminded me that a. they are his grandparents and they really, really want to be with him and b. I seriously needed some sleep. We had about 3 sleepless nights this week and they were starting to really take their toll. I was getting dizzy and feeling really out of it. And let's not even talk about my blood pressure readings when I don't sleep. Marcus went back to work full time this week, so he really needs to rest before going to KBCC every day. So the full night's sleep did wonders for Marcus and me. Today we were also able to get some stuff done around the house AND I got a pedicure!!! We met up with Grandmama, Pappy and Dean-o for lunch and dinner. He really is a fun little guy. He's started giving some very sweet smiles! He was charming the ladies and making friends at the hotel when we were eating dinner. Notice his "Chick Magnet" onesie in the picture above. Truer words were never spoken. Old ladies come up to us on the street. A gaggle of teenaged girls were talking to him at the hotel. He makes friends everywhere. This excites us--we want him to be social. Being a theatre baby, it's essential.

As much as I would love to stay here and chat with all of you, I'm going to sign off and go to bed, where I intend to enjoy at least 8 full hours of glorious sleep. But by tomorrow, I'm gonna be really happy to get my hands on that baby...

1 comment:

E. Rivera said...

AAAACCKKK!!
LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!!