Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting to know Jen

Here's one of those fun little survey thingies. Read on and learn some kooky things about me! I"m just trying to be the best Jen I can be...
(Pictures of Dean tomorrow, I PROMISE!)

1. What time did you get up this morning? Hehe, which time? 1:30, 4:30, 7:00 (that time for good)

2. Diamonds or pearls? diamonds

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I Am Legend (really good--now I want to read the book)

4. What is your favorite TV show? Lost

5 What do you usually have for breakfast? Smart Start Cereal

6. What is your middle name? Marie

7. What food do you dislike? olives and mayonnaise. YUUUUUK!

8. What is your favorite CD at moment? A mix that Marcus made for me. Dean smiles when we listen to it. ;)

9. What kind of car do you drive? Marcus drives our Dodge Stratus and I ride in it.

10. Favorite sandwich? the reuben

11. What characteristic do you despise? tardiness

12. Favorite item of clothing? my black maternity yoga pants. I'm never giving them up. Never, never, never!

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Italy

14. Favorite brand of clothing? I luuuuuuuuv New York and Company! Someday I may fit into their clothes again!

15. Where would you retire to? The Florida Keys

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? For my 30th last year, Marcus and Daniel threw me a big party at Daniel and Justen's apartment. There were a ton of people there from different phases in my life and we had a blast. There were many dishes served with cheese as the main ingredient and Daniel and I made cupcakes. We even did a big collage of pictures from my whole life. (Thanks, Mom, for providing pictures of the "claw bangs" phase in middle school!)

17. Favorite sport to watch? SEC football!

18. Furthest place you are sending this? into the blogosphere

19. What color is your shirt? Hot pink

21. When is your birthday? February 13

22. Are you a morning person or a night person? definitely a night owl, though Dean is working on making me a morning person

23. What is your shoe size? 5. It used to be 4, but they grew after I was pregnant. Yay! Maybe now I can shop in the big-girl section!


24. Pets?
My cat, Audrey, lives with my mom and dad. She is almost 11. I found her in a bush at the library when I was in college and rescued her. She was not supposed to live. Guess she showed us.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Check back and read tomorrow's post...

26. What did you want to be when you were little? I always wanted to be a teacher. Then I discovered theatre and knew that's what I was meant to do. My career has turned out to be the perfect mix--teaching and theatre!

27. How are you today? weary

28. What is your favorite candy? The Strawberry Twizzler. Oh, how I love thee.

29. What is your favorite flower? Daisy

30. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? May 12 (Start at TWV)

31. What is your screen name? It used to be smjennelson. Then I got hitched and now it's my name.

32. What are you listening to right now? Dean's swing. It plays some funky calypso tunes.

33. What was the last thing you ate? leftover pasta

34. Were you on the Homecoming Court? No way...that would have meant I couldn't dance with the Bronco Belles for Homecoming. (The Bronco Belles were my high school dance team. And we rocked it!)

35. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? PURPLE

36. How is the weather right now? rainy and gross

37. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my mom

38. Favorite soft drink? Dr. Pepper

39. Favorite restaurant? In NYC, I love 44 SW (Italian) and West Side Cottage (Chinese). In Oxford, Ajax and Abner's. In DC, Five Guys Burgers. mmmm Give me another city and I'll tell you my favorite from there. ;)

40. Hair color? dark brown

41. What was your favorite toy as a child? BARBIES! I called them my "little dolls." I created VERY intricate storylines about their families and cut all their hair into mohawks.

42. Summer or winter? can I say spring?

43. Hugs or kisses? yes

44. Chocolate or Vanilla? chocolate (Did you seriously just ask me that?)

45. Coffee or tea? COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (perhaps I should cut back on that...)

46. Favorite guilty pleasure? Glamour Magazine.

47. What is under your bed? I'm terrified to look.

48. What did you do last night? Drove home from DC and it took FOREVER!

49. What are you afraid of? clowns

50. Salty or sweet? yes, please

51. What color is your toothbrush? It's purple.

52. How many years at your current job? Stay at home mom since 1/5/08! (stage manager professionally since 2001)

53. Favorite day of the week? Saturday, especially during football season!

54. How many towns have you lived in? Oh, jeez, 9??

55. What's your favorite potato chip? It's hard to beat original Ruffles.

56. Random fact about you: I have no sinuses in my forehead. It's true.

No comments: