Friday, March 23, 2007

Woe is us.


Just when things are going spiffy, life often hands you a lemon. Ours is in the form of a 1997 Dodge Stratus. Poor car. It's been in storage since a couple of years ago when it was deserted in Ithaca to allow a move to NYC. We drove it to visit our families during the holidays, then brought it home to NYC to cut travel time off Marcus's commute to work. That part has been a blessing. The check engine light has not. We took it in this morning to find out we need a new radiator (which of course, they do not have in stock) and a thermostat. The parts are inexpensive. The labor is not. My friends, we all need to quit our jobs and become mechanics. I think I could deal with a little grease under my nails if I made as much as they do in labor. As if gas prices weren't high enough, now we get to buy parts and labor. Oh, well. That's one of the joys of being a car-owner.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: