Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mistress Platelicker: Episode One

We now return to your regularly scheduled episode of Mistress Platelicker with our hero of the hour, Mistress Platelicker herself, Jen and her tiny sidekick Deano the Bambino. When last we saw our fearless mommy heroine (did I spell that right or did I just call myself a street drug?), she had vowed to practice portion control. "Let all eat like toddlers and, thus, look like hotties," she proclaimed. Like all superheroes, however, Mistress Platelicker has one weakness: spinach dip. Could her willpower withstand this bowl brimming to the top with creamy, spinachy goodness?
















Its emptiness tells us NO, she could not.



Or how about this sweet tea from Chick-Fil-A?























It, too, rendered her powerless with its sugary goodness. (It would take a toddler a week and a half to finish a cup that size!!!)




In an attempt to regain her super powers of portion control, the mighty Jen exclaimed this morning " Today is the day!" And so it was.


When lunch time rolled around, Deano the Bambino craved comfort food. His 3 1/2 teeth longed to bite through something tender, but also something with some POP to it. And so, our super hero mommy made lunch:















Behold! The small portion of pasta! (that's mine in the red bowl. Dean eats a lot for a little dude)
Behold! The part-skim mozzarella cheese, packed with calcium and protein for strong bones!

Behold! Green peas! In the middle of the day, even!


She ate. And she was satisfied.


Deano the Bambino remains unimpressed.
Moooooooooom, quit making up stories and cut up my pear!
Join us next time as our dynamic duo conquers BREAKFAST!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that lunch looks good! Can I have some since you didn't save any spinach dip for the rest of us? No wonder Dean is Super Baby! He eats so well!

There's always tomorrow to get back to the toddler-size portions. Maybe I'll even join you. Nah, probably not.

Love you,
J

AJU5's Mom said...

Okay, something just can't come in toddler-sized portions! I mean, I have to have the occasional sweet - and some of those AJU5 is only allowed to have a nibble of!
Yeah for sticking with it though!

Heather said...

Jen, that was pure comic genius. You had me laughing out loud in my cubicle, so I'm sure everyone around me thinks I'm nuts.
Thanks!! :)

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

Oh!!! We just fixed spinach and artichoke dip the other night. I was thinking the same thing you were...how can I resist? You did much better than I did!

Anonymous said...

I kinda had a slip-up week too. It's okay - in the words of Miss O'hara "tomorrow is another day"

Auntie M